Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Boys of Summer

Rob Neyer writes a baseball blog for espn, and the stuff that he writes about I always find quite interesting. I can't tell if he knows that he is an idiot, or if he just writes the things he does to get a rise out of his readers?

Being the Yankee fan that I am automatically I go straight to the tab he has for posts that he has done covering the Yankees. Posts that he has done range from Jeter should take a pay cut and move to the outfield, Yankees and their money, and my recent favorite us "New Yorker fans" are just passionate and not smart.

It hurts me that he refereed to us as not intelligent about the sport we all love in New York. I don't know if I am biased but I firmly believe that New York fans are the most intellegent/ passionate fans out there. It's not our fault that we expect alot from out teams. We are known for excellence and we like to keep it that way. Just because we might be a little harder on our players then say our divsion rivals Boston doesn't make us poor sports fans.

No comments: